CODE OF CONDUCT GUIDELINES FOR JUNIOR PLAYERS AT BARNES HC
Code of Conduct for Players
• Arrive for training and matches on time to prepare thoroughly.
• Wear the right kit for matches and training. This includes a well-fitting mouth guard and shin guards.
• Inform the coach of any injury as soon as possible.
• Do not leave the match or training session without first asking the coach.
• Learn and play by the rules of the game.
• Respect the decisions of the umpire or the coach.
• Be a good sport – win with modesty, lose with dignity.
• Respect your team mates, the coach, umpires and the opposition.
• Recognise and applaud good play.
• Do not criticise other players, instead think about improving your own performance.
Code of Conduct for Parents and Carers
• Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all.
• Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them.
• Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials, lead by example.
• Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
• Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
• Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
• Use correct and proper language at all times.
Code of conduct for coaches and volunteers
• Consider the well-being and safety of participants before the development of performance.
• Develop an appropriate working relationship with performers, based on mutual trust and respect.
• Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
• Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
• Follow all guidelines laid down by the national governing body and the Club, covering safety, equity, ethics and conduct.
• Promote the positive aspects of the sport including fair play, sportsmanship and enjoyment.